FIREFIGHTERS RESCUE SHOCKED MAN TRAPPED IN ATTIC

July 17, 2008

FIREFIGHTERS RESCUE SHOCKED MAN TRAPPED IN ATTIC

FIREFIGHTERS RESCUE SHOCKED MAN TRAPPED IN ATTIC

Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue Lt. Robert Sierra (left) and Battalion Chief Bob Strandell (right) inspect the area where a worker was shocked while working in the attic of a home Lauderdale-By-The-Sea. At 1:39 p.m. the 9-1-1 call was received and in less than three minutes, Broward Sheriff firefighters were on the scene. They immediately disconnected power to the house, then used saws and hand tools to open the ceiling and cut the rafters to free the unconscious victim from the confined space. The man was one of four workers in the single family house at the time of the incident. None of the other three workers, one of whom was identified as the victim’s brother, were injured. The 47-year-old victim was transported to North Broward Medical Center. BSO Air Rescue’s helicopter later transferred the victim to the Burn Unit at Jackson Memorial Hospital. The Broward Sheriff Fire Marshal’s Bureau contacted OSHA, who will continue the investigation. Broward County Building and Codes officials also responded to the scene and issued a stop work order on the property.

Photo by Mike Jachles/Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: